Posts Tagged ‘Princes of Lagos’
After a triumphant showing at the Craic Attack Final, the Princes Of Lagos are back doing what they do best, IMPROVISING a full two-hour show.For some of the best improvisers in the business are let loose and will be penetrating your ears with hilarity! They’ll be playing games a la Whose Line Is It Anyway and possibly doing a bit of Asssssssscat 3000 – if you are unfamiliar with these terms, then I’ll be posting stuff intermittently to show you what they are all about!
Excited? No? Well maybe watching these examples of what to expect will help…
Bet you’re excited now! Check out the Princes tonight in 4Dame Lane @ 9pm!
Where: 4Dame Lane
When: TONIGHT 29th Nov2012
After a change of date & a change of venue I was a little concerned that the 2012 Craic Attack final would struggle to attract enough of a crowd to make the evening successful. But as I squeezed my way into a seat in The Bad Ass Café on Wed 7th Nov. it was clear my worries were unfounded. The room was stuffed full of comedy enthusiasts & there were even some familiar faces in the crowd, including The International Comedy Club’s resident MC Aidan Bishop, who had clearly turned out to support the up & coming comedians who would be participating in the competition.
The line up for the evening was comprised of Emmet Quinn, Conor Neville, Sean Nolan, Matthew Collins, Al Porter, The Princes of Lagos, Annabel O’Connell, Emmanuel Idama, Cormac Moore and Rob Stears. The role of MC belonged to none other than Andrew Stanley. It was evident from the onset that Stanley has plenty of experience as an MC & he confidently kept the audience focused & in the mood for comedy over the course of the night.
The collection of finalists was an interesting one and there was no differentiation between the finalists who were chosen by the judges and those who made it thanks to audience votes. I felt this was the fairest approach to take as it resulted in all the comedians being received equally by the Bad Ass crowd.
The talent in this year’s Craic Attack competition certainly was stiff and it’s very exciting to see such a fantastic line up for the final which will be held on the new date of Wednesday 7th November.
So the finalists have been decided and here they are:
Emmanuel IdamaPrinces Of Lagos
So due to unforseen circumstances we are moving the date of the final to Nov 7th – All tickets purchased will still be valid on that date instead. You can get your tickets for the new date here http://www.tickets.ie/event.aspx/craic-attack-final-2012-laughter-lounge-dublin-28-October-2012/YVPKL and details of the event are here https://www.facebook.com/events/119436081542087/?notif_t=plan_user_joined
Don’t they say the best things in life are free? Well we here at the Comedy Scoop certainly thinks so So just for you our lovely readers we have managed to get our hands on tickets to some of the best comedy gigs during the 10 days in Dublin festival. Here are those gigs we have tickets to:
- Lorcan Mc Grane takes to the Twisted Pepper stage on Fri 6th and Sat 7th @ 7.30pm and we can get you in to see him free either day
- Get tickets for ‘Brainwashed’ by Cormac Moore in The Workman’s either Sat 7th or Sun 8th @7.30pm
- Fancy seeing Vinny Mc Hale in Whelan’s? He’s on Mon 9th @7.30pm
- Kieran Lawless takes over The International on Tues 10th @6pm
- 4comedians then band together to bring you 3Men and a Bitter Lady and we have tickets for either Tues 10th or Wed 11th in The Twisted Pepper @ 7.30pm
- Sketch comedy experts Foil Arms and Hog will be entertaining punters in The Workmans on Wed 11th @7.30pm – we have 1 pair left!
- Rory O’Hanlon can be found in The International Bar on Wed 11th @ 6.30pm
- Aidan Killian is happy to welcome you to Bad Ass on Wed 11th and Thurs 12th @9pm and we are lucky enough to have one pair of tickets for both nights
- Taking to the The Stags Head stage on Thurs 12th @9pm is Danny O’Brien with his show ‘All my Friends’
- The Princes of Lagos bring improv to 4Dame Lane on Thurs 12th @8.30pm
- ‘Game Boys’ will be live in The International Bar @6.30pm on Thurs 12th
- The crew from Humourisms.com will bring their show to The Workman’s on Sat July 14th @7.30pm
- Michael Downey’s return to comedy begins on Sat 14th @8.30pm
So have you seen something that takes your fancy? You have? Well fab! All you need to do is send us a mail to email@example.com and tell us who you would like tickets for and let us do the rest! Why not have a night out on us eh? Get entering now!!
With a name like that it can only be one event right? Yes tonight sees The Princes of Lagos launch night in their new home of 4 Dame Lane. They have moved from The Mercantile to the very comformtable surroundings of 4 Dame Lane.
Tonight sees launch night with the Princes of Lagos performing as……themselves!
Plus it’s pay day so you have excuse…..see that was very clever don’t ye think? If you have never seen the Princes in action take a look at the video below!
Hmm it’s just as well they are fairly light weight eh??
Details for the gig are as follows:
Where: 4 Dame Lane
When: Thursday May 31st
Cost: €7/€5 students