Posts Tagged ‘Aidan Killian’
As this will be my last blog I decided to gather together some of my favourite comedy videos into one post. In no particular order here they are.
First up, some improv from the Princes of Lagos……their command of accents is awesome!
Next, Foil Arms and Hog. It’s an old one but I love these guys!
Anyone that can rap about tea is a good un in my book….step in Doc Brown!
Monday morning has hit us again! Ugh! On a lighter note, we are here again with the final Edinburgh round-up So what’s been happening during the week in Edinburgh? Read on to find out!
First up Mr Trevor Browne got a 4 star review from The Skinny for his Edinburgh show “I think…I am”
You can see it here
Some comedians wish for a longer festival…
The edinburgh fringe festival is good but it would be better if it was a bit longer
- Eleanor Tiernan
There are some random pictures floating around Facebook from the festival. This one of Aidan Killian comes to us thanks to Robert Coyle!
Resident MC of the Comedy Crunch, Danny O’Brien received a 4 star review from examiner.com for his show “All his f(r)iends. You can see that review here
We all know that Edinburgh is one whole month-long comedy fest but who what is the funniest joke?? Well according to BBC News Stewart Francis has taken that crown! Want to know what that joke was? Take a look here! You can also see the rest of entries!
So there you have it…. the final round-up! Though I have a sneaky suspicion that we have not heard the last of the festival here at the Comedy Scoop! Keep and eye out for some more randomness!
Friday is upon us once more folks so it’s time to bring on the randomness again!
Seems I’m not the only one who can’t get this song out of my head…
(and I thought olympic teams were serious people!?!)
Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here’s my number and a model car I made out of matches in prison. Call me maybe?
Moving swiftly on…
People can be so helpful somtimes!:)
I saw a boat today with a sign that said, “For Sale”, so I added an “ing”. Fucking idiots, lucky I was walking past.
Though I do have to wonder how accurate this piece of information from twitterland actually is???
TOP TEN GIRLS NAMES 2012: 1) Bella 2) Edward 3) Mensch 4) Vajazzle 5) 1D4Eva 6) Cristal 7) Crystal 8) Gaga 9) Anäl 10)
Hands up if you’re one of the people who have found these out for themselves in Edinburgh this month??
Speaking of Edinburgh, it seems only right to share a clip of the guys we chatted to this week, first up Aidan Killian;
And now Mr Bob Slayer;
Hope y’all have a laughter filled weekend!
As ye know The Comedy Scoop cannot be physically in Edinburgh this year unfortunately but this does not stop us from getting all the gossip and catching up with some of the comedians who have ventured over for the month of August. I nabbed Aidan Killian whose show Free to Obey is part of the Alternative Fringe for the month of August and has already got some rave reviews. We talk Edinburgh, gossip and some randomness too!
So Aidan, my first question would have to be….how’s the weather??
Weather is great, sunny, some showers, but not as bad as the Dublin weather which is as cheery as what Shell are doing in Mayo.
Ha! Fair enough….Hopefully it stays that way eh? You have done a couple of shows at this stage, How’s it going for you?
Really great, mostly full, lots of fun, surrounded by creative brilliant acts with big hearts and open minds at the alternative fringe.
Good to hear. What’s the best thing so far?
After one of my shows I brought 2 girls home with me who slept in my bed
Hmm interesting night then? And the worst thing?
I slept on the couch. That or at my first show, a big polish guy walked up to me aggressively and shouted “you are not funny comedian… you fucking bastard”…. I hugged him and it all ended well but it was not ideal…. like having been relegated to the couch… not ideal.
Don’t they say the best things in life are free? Well we here at the Comedy Scoop certainly thinks so So just for you our lovely readers we have managed to get our hands on tickets to some of the best comedy gigs during the 10 days in Dublin festival. Here are those gigs we have tickets to:
- Lorcan Mc Grane takes to the Twisted Pepper stage on Fri 6th and Sat 7th @ 7.30pm and we can get you in to see him free either day
- Get tickets for ‘Brainwashed’ by Cormac Moore in The Workman’s either Sat 7th or Sun 8th @7.30pm
- Fancy seeing Vinny Mc Hale in Whelan’s? He’s on Mon 9th @7.30pm
- Kieran Lawless takes over The International on Tues 10th @6pm
- 4comedians then band together to bring you 3Men and a Bitter Lady and we have tickets for either Tues 10th or Wed 11th in The Twisted Pepper @ 7.30pm
- Sketch comedy experts Foil Arms and Hog will be entertaining punters in The Workmans on Wed 11th @7.30pm – we have 1 pair left!
- Rory O’Hanlon can be found in The International Bar on Wed 11th @ 6.30pm
- Aidan Killian is happy to welcome you to Bad Ass on Wed 11th and Thurs 12th @9pm and we are lucky enough to have one pair of tickets for both nights
- Taking to the The Stags Head stage on Thurs 12th @9pm is Danny O’Brien with his show ‘All my Friends’
- The Princes of Lagos bring improv to 4Dame Lane on Thurs 12th @8.30pm
- ‘Game Boys’ will be live in The International Bar @6.30pm on Thurs 12th
- The crew from Humourisms.com will bring their show to The Workman’s on Sat July 14th @7.30pm
- Michael Downey’s return to comedy begins on Sat 14th @8.30pm
So have you seen something that takes your fancy? You have? Well fab! All you need to do is send us a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us who you would like tickets for and let us do the rest! Why not have a night out on us eh? Get entering now!!