I warn you before you go any further that this is quite a random blog post from me today…. It’s been a random sort of week!
Due to the many festivals we have covered over the last while here at the Comedy Scoop I have found myself standing waiting for a bus to come at a bus stop a lot more often over the last few weeks. Now I don’t know about you but I am not a patient kind of person, so I try to fill my time with anything and everything I can until the bus (which is usually late thanks to Dublin bus!) comes. Why am I telling you this you might ask? Well for today’s blog post I have drawn up a list of things which one can do while waiting a bus stop. Some funny, some may get you locked up in a padded cell, some may even get you kicked in the knee but at least you won’t be bored at bus stops again! So let’s get started shall we?
- Read a book – pretty simple run of the mill thing to do while standing/sitting at a bus stop don’t you think?
- Sing in what you think is a low voice but is actually so loud that the people in the house across from the bus stop can hear you. You really should lower the volume on that IPod.
- Dance. Ah bus stop dancing. One of my favourite pastimes. When you think you look cool busting a move very subtly but you actually look like you are having a fit.
- Check your phone every 5 seconds. God forbid you miss that very important call/text/FB update/tweet
- Avoid eye contact with anyone else at the bus stop. You don’t want to have to TALK to any of them. That would just be weird.
- If you do get caught in a conversation with anyone, use one word answers: “The weather is lovely/not bad/terrible today isn’t it?” (cos it’s ALWAYS about the weather) “Yeah”
- Check your watch every 10 seconds. You will have convinced yourself that you can magic time to go forward. You can’t.
- Sneakily try to jump the queue. This works especially well at bus stops in town where there are a few buses stopping at the same bus stop (Not that I have ever tried to do this myself of course….) Ahem…
- Eye ball anyone who tried to jump ahead of you
- People watch – this gives hours of endless fun
- Check in on Facebook/Twitter at the relevant bus stop
- Become so engrossed in trying all the above and/or Facebook or Twitter that you miss the bus and have to get a taxi!
So there you go a few ideas there to keep you entertained! What keeps you entertained? Let me know and I might just try it out!